Saturday, January 9, 2010

ActuallyFree.info won an award!

ActuallyFree.info won a Bronze Award from NodusAwards.com!

Check it out on the About Us page

The bronze award is given to websites that have "good quality in most areas but lack a polished feel overall." They rated the site based on criteria consisting of 16 questions in 3 or 4 different categories: Appearance, Usability, Content and a Bonus Point.

In those categories ActuallyFree.info received the following:
  • Appearance - 2/5
  • Usability - 3/5
  • Content - 5/5
  • Bonus - 0/1

To qualify for a silver award, a website has to score 11 points. ActuallyFree.info was only 1 point short with 10 points. Darn! . . . I realize there are lots of areas where the site can improve. Its a lot of work for one guy who barely knows his way around HTML. And to improve the site's rating, I'm certainly open to suggestions.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't give the bonus point. The question for the bonus was "For whatever reason, do you believe the site to be special and an outstanding contribution to the web?"

I'll admit that I'm bias, but ActuallyFree.info is the only free site that I've seen that offers as much freebie education (not just links but good information), that offers freebies directly and even a personal service to help people find specific freebies. I'll always believe the site is special, and an outstanding contribution because it helps people in a lot of ways.

But I'm not complaining. An award is an award! Thanks Nodus.

No comments: