Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year's Eve!

I usually like to post a Jib Jab video for specific holidays and every year they make a year in review video. However, when I watched this year's video I hesitated for a few reasons. One, it's not as funny as videos made in previous years, two, it's mostly about bad stuff that happened, whereas previous years have had bad and good stuff that happened, so it's not as upbeat, three, I'm always trying to watch the crude humor since I like to keep the site as family friendly as possible. Then, I watched Google's year in review video which seemed to give a much more positive outlook for the year to come. After seeing both, I decided to post both, and let you decide how you will welcome the new year. Are you grateful to get 2011 behind you, or are you ever hopeful for the future?

Family Friendly Warning: Both videos mention controversial issues, they do not necessarily reflect the opinion or philosophy of ActuallyFree.info or the site's staff. They are posted simply as an exercise. The JibJab video has a lot of crude humor, multiple references to sexuality, and one religious exclamation.


(I'd suggest clicking the "full screen" button for the Google video so that you can read some of the descriptions and news headlines if you don't know what some parts are referring to.)

So there you have two different perspectives. Here's wishing you a Happy New Year's Eve (the best night of the year for free kisses)! Despite it being a tough year, may we always learn and grow and keep moving forward into 2012.

No comments: